Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Wisdom


After reading my friend Sherry's column on SCMP, a few thoughts came up to my mind:

(1) Simple writing and story telling techniques could make the stories stick in people's minds (for general audience)
(2) Do parents nowadays emphasis on nurturing their kids knowledge rather than their wisdom ? How can these two compromise each other?

Knowledge comes by taking things apart: analysis.
But wisdom comes by putting things together.– John A. Morrison



(3) I know lots of local school parents are struggling with the local educational system in HK (including me), so how can I solve the problems wisely or what role can I take in this "problem solving" issue with limited resources?

In this morning's quiet time, I read the book of Proverbs from the Bible.
It says " Get wisdom, get understanding; do not forget my words or swerve from them. Do not forsake wisdom, and she will protect you; love her, and she will watch over you. Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom." (4:5-7)

I think I need to understand more about wisdom and I am sure it will help my life live more abundantly.







No comments: